A Certain Point of View

"Luke, you'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

-Obi-Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi

30 July 2005

overtime

it's a saturday and i'm in the office doing overtime work.

i'm a bit tired actually. the past week's beat me up pretty good. i could be somewhere else if i chose to as i'm here voluntarily. i could be somewhere with my ethel. i could be at home getting some rest and finally getting to install the new hardware i bought for my pc last month. i could be at the ateneo-up game.

but no!

i'm at the 12th floor of the enterprise center on a saturday afternoon working.

don't get me wrong. i actually like working on saturdays. not that i'm a workaholic or anything. it's just that the atmosphere's more relaxed. no bosses for one thing so i'm less pressured and no "urgent, finish this, i need it now" stuff. PLUS the pay's good! hehehe i actually earned near my entire month's salary in the first 15 days of the month because of overtime. i actually earned more than my month's pay but then the witholding tax kicked in so i didn't count that. it feels good to see the amount on my payslip.

anyway, i'm going back to work now. just needed a break before i resumed.

that's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home